National Show & Sale
Integrity Livestock Sales will host the for CSBA Online Sale.
June 14 — Rams bidding opens at 7 am EDT and closes at 8 PM
June 15 — Ewes
- CSBA lot listings with photos and lot descriptions on June 2.
- If you consigned to the Ohio NSS, your descriptions are complete unless you want to edit
your descriptions or substitute sheep.
- PHOTOS and LOT DESCRIPTIONS ARE DUE by JUNE 1. Good photos are essential.
Contact Charlie for help or submit online. You can reach Charlie at
[email protected] or give him a call at 507-360-2160.
- Integrity uses a “horse race” close. Extended bidding continues at 5 minute increments
until there is no more bidding for 5 minutes.
*Example A: Auction closes at 8 PM. There is no bidding from 7:55 to 8 PM. All lots are
declared sold at 8 PM.
*Example B: Auction closes at 8 PM. A bid is placed at 7:57 PM. Bidding is extended to
8:02 PM. If no more bids are made, all lots are declared sold at 8:02 PM.
*Example C: Auction closes at 8 PM. A bid is placed at 7:57 PM. Bidding is extended to
8:02 PM. Bidding is extended in 5 minutes until no bidding occurs for 5 minutes.
Bidding can go on for some time when a real horse race is on!
Transport of Sold Sheep
- Transportation is arranged between the buyer and seller.
- Be sure to provide health certificates specific for your situation.
- The CSBA is working with these transports to move sheep. Feel free to contact any of these folks.
Dan Spilde – 608-335-9288
Dylan Nohner – 320-420-5354
Craig Fleck – 814-441-0980
DC Livestock & Transport, LLC – 765-412-2453
Bob May – 530-200-0866
Edger Sheep and Goat Transporting – 573-435-6508
5 Star Livestock Transportation – 630-962-8737 www.facebook.com/5StarLivestockTransport/
Facebook Page – www.facebook.com/groups/SheepTransport/
Facebook Page – www.facebook.com/LivestockTransport/
Facebook Page – www.facebook.com/groups/249394828439644/
Duane Bauck – 218-640-780
Futurity Ewe Lambs
- Any ewe lamb born on or after 9.1.2019 and sold on an approved online or live consignment auction is eligible. This was approved by the Board earlier this year.
- $25 entry fee submitted by consignor with entry. Noted in SOC sale catalog and online.
- Consignor must be current CSBA member.
- Keep in mind the CSBA has arranged for three modified Futurity Shows.
A. 2020 Yearling Ewe Futurity Comeback Show at Louisville to be held at the 2020 NAILE. If NAILE is not held, virtual shows or another option.
B. 2020 Yearling Ewe Comeback Show at 2021 NSS to act as the 2020 Comeback Show
It will be funded by the futurity money already collected.
i. Two year old ewe, purchased for the 2020 Comeback show will be eligible.
ii. The ewes will be shown “natural” with no fitting permitted (includes heads/legs.)
iii. The ewes must be shorn in 2021.
C. 2020 Fabulous Futurity Show @ Louisville
i. A double point show.
ii. Ewe lambs purchased in 2020 from an approved online sale or live consignment sale are eligible.
Sale Order and Sale Catalog
The Speaking of Columbias will be in mailboxes by June 1. Online lots are listed by consignor, as usual.
Online Sale listing — will be listed by classes; Yearlings, Fall Lambs, Spring Lambs for rams and ewes.
Like us on FACEBOOK for the most up-to-date information on the sale.
2020 National Wool Show
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Hosted by Hettinger Research Extension Center
- Time: 1 PM Mountain Daylight Time
- Live Online Show: Zoom–Will stream live judging and judges comments.
- Virtual Social Hour After The Show: Zoom-live
- Judge: Larry Prager, CEO and General Manager of Center of the Nation Wool, Inc.
How to Enter:
- Use the online form and submit to the CSBA office or copy the PDF form and include in the bag with your fleece. If you do not submit online, provide a copy of the registration paper for the animal's fleece you are entering.
- No entry fee. Must be current member of the CSBA.
- Fleeces should be shipped to arrive by June 8, 2020 at the Hettinger Research Extension Center, 102 Hwy 12 W, Hettinger, ND 58639.
- Micron Scanning courtesy of Hettinger Research Extension Center for all entries.
- Questions should be directed to:
David Brown – [email protected] or 701-840-7598 or
Margaret Eller – [email protected] or 406-899-2057
- A special thank you goes to Dr. Chris Schauer, Director of HREC, for opening the facility, micron scanning, and technical wherewithal to share the event with CSBA members.